ERA-EDTA 2017 is fast approaching and, to help you plan your time at the Congress, the COMPACT RENAL team has put together a preview guide to the posters and presentations relating to hyperkalaemia. For full listings for the conference see the ERA-EDTA Planner.
COMPACT RENAL will be in the exhibit hall at booth #3.025, so don’t forget to stop by for more information on the COMPACT program and to meet members of the COMPACT RENAL advisory panel who will be stopping by during the Congress.
Sunday 4 June
- Industry symposium (sponsored by AstraZeneca) – Hyperkalaemia in CKD: An Evolving Treatment Landscape: From 13:30 in Hall N105-106, this industry symposium includes presentations on the role of hyperkalaemia in cardiovascular outcomes and potential changes to management strategies. David Packham chairs this session and additional speakers include Ziad Massy and Alan Jardine.
- Heart failure in chronic kidney disease: This symposium, from 15:15 in Hall N103-104, includes a talk by Matthew Weir on the future of hyperkalaemia treatment in dialysis patients.
- Free communication session – Epidemiology in dialysis – II: This session, from 17:00 in Sala Neptuno, includes a presentation by Mark Findlay, discussing whether enough is being done to prevent hyperkalaemia-associated deaths in ESRD (SO060).
- Poster presentations: The clinical impact and prevalence of hyperkalaemia is discussed in several posters in the range SP302-SP343.
Monday 5 June
- Industry symposium (sponsored by Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma)- Optimizing RAASi therapy in cardio-renal patients through hyperkalaemia management: From 13:30 in Hall 10.A, Professor Angel de Francisco chairs this session discussing the benefits of RAASi therapy, and the unmet needs and changing paradigm of hyperkalaemia management. Additional speakers include Stefan Anker, Patrick Rossignol and David Bushinsky.
- Free communication session – Renal epidemiology: Two presentations are of interest in this session at 17:00 in Sala Neptuno: the first by Reimar Thomsen on the incidence, risk factors and outcomes in patients with hyperkalaemia and CKD (MO066); and the second on the relationship between serum potassium levels and major cardiovascular events and mortality in CKD patients, by Phil McEwan (MO067).
- Poster presentations: The clinical impact and prevalence of hyperkalaemia is again discussed in several posters in the range MP370-MP411.
Tuesday 6 June
- Free communication session – Acid-based disorders and tubular transport: From 10:45 in Hall N107-108, this session includes a presentation by David Bushinsky on data from the OPAL-HK and AMETHYST-DN studies looking at the effect of patiromer on potassium levels in severe CKD patients with hyperkalaemia receiving RAASi therapy (TO028).
We wish you a safe journey to Madrid and look forward to seeing you at the COMPACT RENAL booth, #3.025.